Sunday 21 February 2016

South Pacific - Papeete Tahiti, French Polynesia

Merci Merci,

They speak  French here in French Polynesia -Tahiti. Time to dust off all the spanish learnings and focus on baguettes and cafe.

Arrived here on Saturday night, after leaving Auckland Sunday afternoon, I gained a day crossing the international dateline somewhere slight west of here. Tomorrow, I am hoping to get a ride to look around the island of Tahiti, away from Papeete, which I saw bits of coming in from airport tonight. It looked sleepy for Saturday night. The weather is warm, very humid and pissing down with rain. Hopefully tomorrow will be clearer.

It was a slow morning at Rohans, but Mike and I did mange to get out and see a bit of Auckland before heading to the Airport. We went to Western Springs park and looked at ducks and swans and eels. We saw a tram that was a long way from South Melbourne and I suspect did not go to Sth Melbourne depot if you got on the tram. We then had lunch and then went to Mt Eden for a brief stopover.

Here are some Pics




Note the sign also says "No Fishing" in Chinese, Mike and I suspect they may like hooking into the eels that live under this bridge and are also partial to a bit of "Auckland Duck"






I suspect it does not go there.

Overlooking city from Mt Eden



Looking SW I think


1 comment:

  1. that bridge had a nice curve in it - get stuck during some earthquake ?

    ReplyDelete