Friday 5 June 2015

Singapore Zoo and Raffles

I woke up crook this morning, Hotel bottled water in Singapore was the cause and it is the first time I have had any trouble on this whole trip. I went to the Zoo as i had heard so much about it. It is a nice zoo but at the end of the day it is just a zoo. It was smaller than I expected but it is also broken into different business, e,g wild river park, Night Safari and one other, all are separate from the zoo. Which means it is over SNG$100 to enter all parts. It  was SNG$37 alone just to visit the zoo. SNG$/A$ about the same.

After the Zoo I caught bus and train back to city. That is the other thing that surprised me, Singapore Island is bigger than I expected, with a large parkland/jungle/zoo in the middle of it.  I ended up going to Raffles Long Bar for a G&T, it was very nice but outrageously expensive S$26 for one drink, a Singapore Sling was nearly S$30. The Hotel I am staying at wants nearly $20 for a draught Tiger beer. Ridiculous.

I shall get a taxi to the airport soon and kill time there tonight, it would have to be cheaper than the hotel.



Otters having fun


Yes Flamingoes are pink


He is a swinger


Polar Bear, yes that is right, Polar Bear at the equator.


Looked better under water



Singapore Architectural Point


Raffles


complimentary peanuts


The long bar


The fans, even move back and forth.



Outside inside shots

1 comment:

  1. the drinks would want to be good !!

    ReplyDelete