Sunday 7 June 2015

Sleepy Sunday morning in Darwin

Well it is a sleepy Sunday morning in Darwin, streets are quiet and weather is sunny and mild. I went exploring Darwin this morning by Taxi, which was nice as I think I have seen more now than in my previous 2 visits. We went around the old docks, now all Convention centres and hotels, along the coast of Darwin Harbour to Cullen Bay marina and sea wall, around the back of Parap and Fanny Bay and then back to town. Tonight I might try to head to Mindle beach market, which they were just setting up as we drove past today. Also, there is some Italian festival on,

A couple of Pics

Last night I had (at the pub) a Brazilian BBQ where you could eat as much as you were able, the food  was  delicious, but even I could not make it all the way through everything. It worked like this, they would give you some salad, chips, bread and sauces, the man would come around with selected just of BBQ meat and put some on your plate. Each had a card, if the card was up facing green, keep bringing food, if it was red, then stop, you have had enough,


The pool at the hotel


Overlooking Darwin from Fanny Bay.


Tomorrow, I have booked to do a Kakadu 1 day tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment