Sunday 14 October 2018

Port Augusta

I am back in Pt August after a 500km drive today from Ceduna. My purpose was to visit Ceduna and see what it is like. I have done that. Ceduna does not seem to have a lot to do and see. I had a nice pizza last night as a big thunderstorm rolled in. So decided to head back east again. Streaky Bay was nice, but it is a long way from anywhere.
Last night when having my Pizza, i was chatting to local that suggested i call in to Pildappa rocks on my way near Minnipa. It is sort of Sth Australia's answer to Wave Rock in W.A. but not as good. He also told me to look at Tcharkuldu Rock, but I followed the sign and then there was no more directions, so that had to be missed. Pics below
I also stopped in a town called Kimba and could not find any White Lions but I did find more Silo Art. 
It is about 5pm Local time here in Pt Augusta on Sunday and another big thunderstorm has just started as I got here. I think it will pass quickly.
Looking forward to some dinner and watching sunday night TV.



Pildappa Rock, Near Minnipa


Silo Art at Kimba


Ceduna Pier


Kimba


On the Road (watching out for Skippies)

1 comment: