Monday 12 May 2014

Day 2 Kathmandu

After a very ordinary meal at a local cafe last night, washed down with plenty of local "everest" beer and a reasonable nights sleep (bed was good). This morning I arose at 4.30am to go on a early morning flight along the Himalaya peaks.

See Photos attached, weather was excellent and clear, but seat on plane was above wing and engine, not ideal.

Also a few street snaps taken last night, electricity wiring here is an art form. Internet access is only available from the lobby (bar) of the hotel and it is slow. Hence I am forced to sit for hours at the bar, (lifes hard sometimes)

After the flight this morning we all had a briefing about the bike ride later this week. Then this afternoon, we did  a tourist sightseeing tour. We went to Bouda,  a holy Buddhist temple (Stupa), had some lunch and beer and I bought a few trinkets. Everywhere here is the hard sell to buy something, especially from the street vendors who are poor bastards and who will not take No for an answer. After that we went to a holy Hindu place on a river where bodies are cremated. We saw one happening while we were there and I have a few pics. I will post some pics from this afternoon later as I have yet to sort them and I have a bunch ready to go from this morning.










No comments:

Post a Comment