Last Train out  of Lhasa 27-May 2014 ......

Well not literally, but it will be for me. I wanted to experience the Tibet Railway, (highest railway in the world), but now having done it, its a hard slog 24hrs on a train. I was the only westerner I could see and as far as I know the only one who could speak english. The staff, although helpful, seemed to have very limited grasp of english and communications was brief.

The views were good, but not THAT good to endure 24 hrs in a crowded train. There were 6 berths to each compartment and not a lot of room. My bag had to go at the end of  my bunk, along with my backpack. 6Ft plus me and smallish bunk, you get the picture, not much space. Luckily I had a bottom bunk, the top bunks needed their own oxygen supply. Little old me would have never got up there and if I did, I don’t know how I would get down again.

Rest of the Motorbike crew parted ways in Lhasa, they flew back to Kathmandu and then some on to other destinations and some home. Overall a good bunch, no major ructions in the team and generally looked out for each other. It was a Shared experience.
 
A pics of a Tibetan lampshade from in Lhasa and a vid out train window near or just past highest point (I cut audio out of video).