Sunday 19 April 2015

Another day in Paradise

Hi Bloggies, last day in Nha Trang today, but it has been a good day. I didn't go out on the boat with the rest of the group today for snorkelling, jet skiing and paragliding. I had a sleep in, went to the beach and had a dip in the sea, had coffee and did the the Sudoku and crossword. Sorted my iPhone photo transfer issue and then sat by the road and took some pics of overcrowded mopeds.

The others came back about 1pm and we had lunch and drinks for the next hour or so, then after at the pool with a few beers. I would say a pretty good day overall. Followed up this evening with a really nice meal (not so cheap tonight) then back by 9pm to blog and pack for tomorrow. One thing did strike me as odd, there are lots of cafes around here and they are all open at night, but don't seem to serve food after about 2pm. Odd.


We are off to Buon Ma Thuot (about 200k or 6 hours) where the highlight is Elephant rides. We will see about that, Elephants might be strong, but they are also very big and I do not want to upset one by jumping on him.



The Beach





Solving Transport congestion issues.





7 comments:

  1. was the water warm ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine who has worked on and off in Vietnam for many years says that if you are doing scooter passenger counts, you will have to include piglets when you get into some of the rural areas. -- BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in rural areas now and I have not seen piglets yet, but just about everything else, including chickens.

      Delete
  3. I once saw what could only be described as a giant ball of chickens. All tied in the ctre of the ball by their feet, all hanging of the rear of the motorbike. I have heard of shop window size panes of glass being carried on them also. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helmets start at what age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who knows, the toddlers sometimes get a helmet, I guess about 12 maybe.

      Delete