Friday 3 April 2015

Arrived in Malaysia- Day 1, April 2, 2015

Hello Possums,

The LB has arrived in Malaysia after an uneventful 8 hrs flight from Melbourne to KL on Malaysian Airlines, at no time was there a sudden urge to veer off into the lonely southern Indian ocean, and no one played the music from the TV show "Outer Limits" even once across the Planes PA system, even as a joke.  No sense of humour or mischief today, a sad indictment indeed.

After taking nearly an hour to get out of the airport via immigration and customs, it is a very big airport,  Yoga, my Malaysian friend was waiting for me at the exit and then took me to my Hotel, a nice but simple place, close to shops and eateries and not far from where he lives. I am always lost for a sense of direction when I come to KL, (something I am usually OK at), but KL is a sprawling mess of interconnected communities and it is difficult to tell one from the other.  A bit like how I have heard LA described.

KL is 3 hours behind Melbourne, same as Perth time, so it is now quite late about 1.30 am Melb time. This afternoon Yoga took me to his house where  we chatted for a while and waited for his wife and children to come home, that was about 7pm and then we all went out for dinner about 9pm at a local Chinese seafood restaurant, the food was nice and the beer was cold. I gather around 9pm is a common time for people to eat around these parts. I only took a few photos today and will post some tomorrow, cannot be bothered fiddling around this late (my time).

More Tomorrow from the LB

No comments:

Post a Comment