Saturday 13 August 2016

Marlborough & Bowen

Tonight I am in Bowen, but last night I stopped in a very small place with no internet called Marlborough, about 100 k north of Rockhampton. Yesterday, after leaving Bundaberg, I went to a place called Seventeen Seventy (1770) a spot where Captain Cook is reported to have stopped on his journey to Australia in 1770. It looked idyllic and touristy, so I kept moving up to Rockhampton. It was only around 2pm so decided to keep going and I stopped at Marlborough.

Today I went through a boring long bit up to Mackay, stopped for lunch and posted something to my sister. Continuing on to Proserpine where I stayed when I first came this way 40 years ago. I could not recognise the place as i remembered it. So I went to the Coast at Airlie Beach in the Whitsundays, which I missed last time. Again it was really pretty  and touristy. Water was a beautiful blue. But again, because I had time, I drove a bit further to Bowen. Sugar Cane everywhere around here.


Sugar Cane


Sugar Mill at Proserpine  (it is steam)




Above, Airlie Beach, Whitsundays


1 comment:

  1. gee, how could you not stop at that beach...?

    ReplyDelete