Saturday 27 August 2016

Yepoon

The drive between Mackay and Rockhampton is very boring, known as the Horror stretch.  But when I was a few K out of Rockhampton, I noticed a coast tourist road that went through Yepoon. Yepoon  is famous in my mind for only one thing. That is, back in the 70's, the Japanese built a flash resort on top of the breeding grounds of Australia's giant barking spider, the size of dinner plates and they eat birds. So I turned off toward Yepoon.

On arrival, I could see the resort and a bit further  the town and shops, but nowhere could I see any reference to giant spiders, maybe they are extinct now. I drove along the clifftops and too some snaps.








All photos at Yepoon.





Note Dolphin in this picture, Fin visible.

nice colours in the rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment