Wednesday 3 August 2016

Muswellbrook, NSW

Hi all,

Plenty of k's today, this morning I visited the Australian Radio Telescope at Parkes, "The Dish". There was a small visitor centre, full of the usual tourist momentos and other spacey stuff. The dish moved whilst I was there, obviously channel surfing for better TV.

After that, I moved on to Dubbo, a town famous for it's "Western Plains Zoo". I went to the Zoo but they wanted $47 entry for single adult. I thought that was too much so I passed on staying at the Zoo.

So I kept on the road and went on to the Dunedoo Pie shop for lunch. After that, I decided to keep driving on to Muswellbrook in the upper Hunter valley of NSW. It should be an easy drive down to Newcastle tomorrow morning.  I will catch up with Steve, a fellow motorcycler on both the Tibet and Vietnam trips. After that, catch up with me nephew.

LB


Forbes town hall


Unusual Sculpture in Forbes


The Dish


Knobs & Dials


How slim I am


Water over the road


Dubbo Zoo


Dubbo Zoo

Dubbo Zoo

Dunedoo Pie Shop (Now run by Vietnamese, so you can get good pork & salad  rolls as well)

2 comments:

  1. any meercats ?
    the peacock has a nice bright outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How were the pies?

    ReplyDelete