Wednesday 11 May 2016

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

After leaving Lake Village Arkansas this morning, which by the way is actually on a lake and not the Mississippi as I had thought, I meandered my south through the B & C roads again to get a better feel of Louisiana. It is Cajun territory, lots of water and farming, mostly corn (I think) as it is still only green shoots. I made my way down to Lafayette and had a second late lunch. Then I decided to push on an extra hour to Baton Rouge so I have less distance to travel tomorrow to get to the airport at New Orleans.  The freeways here can turn to gridlock pretty quickly so what is meant to take 1 hour could end up taking 4 hrs. Best be early than late.

Only one pic today, the view from the Cafe in Lafayette, mostly swamp or Bayou between here and Lafayette. Better watch out for mozzies.

Plane leaves New Orleans at 18.07 tomorrow and then later that night from LA direct to Melbourne. Arrives 07.25 am of Friday morning(with luck).

The next blog update (unless I do something at the airports tomorrow) will probably be from home.

It has been a good trip, Sth America, Mexico and Cuba all good. The US has also been good but it is expensive here, things seem cheap but when you factor FX, taxes, tips, etc etc. It adds up to be a lot more than you anticipate. My list of US States now visited = 23  My list of Countries visited = 58

Still plenty to go.




Lafayette, Louisiana





1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a safe and hassle-free trip home Doug

    ReplyDelete