Tuesday 10 May 2016

Lake Village, Arkansas

I could not resist adding one more US State to my tally, besides I wanted to cross the Mississippi. Only two sleeps to go before catching the big bird home.

Today was spent slowly meandering through the backroads of Mississippi moving from Tupelo in general south west direction, I sort of got lost in the back roads but it wasn't a problem, simply put a new destination into the GPS and all was fine. I found a place called Coffeville to have coffee and lunch, just a small cafe with three old timers stirring up the waiting staff and asking me what I had been taking pictures of. They were taking it easy.

The backroads were very quiet, hardly saw any other cars, at one stage I stopped to take a photo of some horses in a field and not one car came by.

Eventually I was back to places I had been through on the way up, like Indianola where I did my laundry the first time. It also turns out to be the birthplace (or near enough) of BB King and there is a BB King Museum there as well as his grave site. 1925-2015 He made it to 90.

That was a good spot to have a break from driving and just meander around through the exhibits.
After that, about 1 hrs drive down the road brings me to  Lake Village in Arkansas.  It is a small quiet  town by the big river.

Tomorrow, I might travel down through the Louisiana side of the river through Lafayette and Baton Rouge. But that's tomorrow's decisions.

Pics













  


1 comment:

  1. you are sounding like an 'old timer' yourself...

    ReplyDelete