Wednesday 4 May 2016

Nashville - Day 2

Howdy y'all,

Its cool and overcast  here in Nashville today, perfect for exploring the city and attractions.

First stop was the Grand Ole Oprey, surprisingly, it was a way out of town in the 'burbs, next to a huge shopping mall. I did not go inside, but it looked like any other performance venue. See pics.

After that I headed into town and my first stop was a place I had read about in top 10 things to do in Nashville. It was, a visit to the mens toilet at the Hermitage Hotel. Art Deco and a nice place for early lunch. The toilets reminded me of the art deco green in our own house, but this was more elaborate and in better condition. See Pics. Lunch of Devilled eggs and a Pastrami Sandwich was also nice.

After that I went around the corner to the National Capitol building, but there was a religious rally on so I give the godbotherers a wide berth.

Next was the Rymer Auditorium, where Bonnie Rait is playing tonight, but it was all sold out, not one spare seat available. So bye bye Bonnie for a third time, she was playing in New Orleans and I missed her, playing at Beale St music festival and I missed her again, an d now here in Nashville. Will there be  a 4th opportunity? I doubt it.

After that it was downtown Nashville and all the Boot shops, Johnny Cash Museum, etc etc.

then back to hotel for siesta.







Grand Ole Oprey








The Hermitage Hotel


The National Capitol (not sure why it is called that)














Downtown Nashville



1 comment: