Sunday 8 May 2016

Muscle Shoals, Alabama

I left Atlanta reasonably early this morning and went via the downtown area, it was very big and full of new skyscrapers so I did not get off the freeway, instead I had breakfast down the road and continued into Alabama and Birmingham.

First stop was the Barber, Vintage Motorcycle Museum and racetrack. What a collection, the best I have ever seen. I think they must have nearly every motorcycle ever made either on display or in storage. I took over a hundred pics and that wasn't near all that there was. After spending nearly two hours there, I went into downtown Birmingham, it was deserted, I suppose it is Saturday but not much happening so I pushed on. It did have some nice buildings and one had my name on it (someone, somewhere, owes me rent).

I decided to head north again for Muscle Shoals, legendary music recording studios in little backwater town in northern Alabama. I will look around here a bit tomorrow and then head south to Tupelo. As long as I am back in New Orleans by Wednesday to catch my flight, I am travelling easy.

As I said, I took lots of pics, I have cut them back but there is still heaps. So I put them  in a slide show to music. Enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. the short one8 May 2016 at 13:08

    Gee, some weird & wonderful bikes, one for everyones taste - even one for Wallace & Grommit....

    ReplyDelete