Tuesday 3 May 2016

Nashville

An easy drive from Memphis to Nashville this afternoon. It took about 5 hrs but I stopped a few times on the way, including the Loretta Lynn and Hank Williams roadside rest stop and I also stopped in Jackson. That is the second Jackson in the US I have been to, the other was Jackson Wyoming and the third, which I may yet get to is Jackson Alabama.

As I mentioned in my just uploaded post from yesterday, I bought a new MacBook and waited all night for it to transfer stuff from the old laptop. Even after 14 hrs it had not completed so I had to cancel this morning as I was leaving the hotel and I have begun again here at Nashville. I have two nights here so I hope it will finish. It is very slow and keeps getting stuck, apparently a common problem that Apple has failed to fix over several years. So I am using the iPad. Photos will come later, I had lots from yesterday and only one from today. 

After starting to transfer process as soon as I got here, I went off to a local laundromat to do some washing. The accent of some of the locals is near impossible to understand. There were some colourful personalities at the laundry and I tried to engage in conversation but it was a struggle. Some Mexicans came in speaking Spanish and I think I understood more words with them. Not understand, just recognised more words.

It has been raining on and off all day and more rain and storms are expected. I heard someone say at breakfast that lightning had struck one of the big screens at the festival but I am not sure if it was Memphis or New Orleans. Apparently spectacular, must look for it on YouTube.

All from me



A photo taken today at a rest stop on the road from Memphis to Nashville.

1 comment:

  1. the short one3 May 2016 at 15:52

    the locals there probably can not understand you either.
    rain & storms here too - hopefully no tornados...

    ReplyDelete