Saturday 16 August 2014

The Bridge

Another day in Skane (which I think is the name for this southern region of Sweden). Today we went exploring Trelleborg and then onto what was a must for anyone visiting Sweden, a trip to IKEA. We chose the Malmo Ikea, which is not only the closest, but I am told the newest of this megachain of stores.



The start of the day with the gathering of the chooks.


We have arrived, Mecca



Joy Studies the Catalogue in quiet reverence.






Ikea, here is an idea, lets have fluffy Rats and Mice as toys for the Kiddies to hug.


Ikea, clearly, No Eye Deer, as evidenced above.

Speaking of which, we actually saw a real deer, with eyes, along the side of the road later in the day. This was the first in Scandinavia, after seeing lots of warning signs to look out for deer, we finally saw one and he/she was on the wrong side of the sign.

What was spooky was that I saw a doppelgänger of my sister Margaret at Ikea, not as tall, but the similarity was remarkable. 



Swedish Art Sculpture, a gargling head???



Little sailing yachts


Fishing Flags


Farcical Fish names


"The Bridge" which turns out to be tunnel for the last few km as you approach Denmark.


The Ominous Sky


How does it steer?



More Sculpture, In Trelleborg where one can imagine this scene in Winter as the cold wind and rain comes in off the Baltic sea.


Congratulations goes to Axel (a blog stalker from Bendigo) that identified the car as a Renault Dauphine from the 60's. Axel can be smug in the knowledge that he knew. 


 Happy Birthday Bernie. 

Thank you Billie Boy for recognising the Stones.

Thanks to Linda for adding a comment and letting me know who is watching.

Time for a beer and maybe a Red.

10 comments:

  1. Doug might not have been so enthusiastic about the stones, but I had a better time there than at ikea... it was quite a lovely setting, we just had to share it with others...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja (ancient henge lover)26 August 2014 at 10:58

      Maybe not as impressive as Stonehenge but they looked quite good to me!

      Delete
  2. Our Brad, Jayne and Pete have real pet rats (one each) to cuddle - no need for the Ikea imitations for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that gargling or projectile vomiting? (GV)

    ReplyDelete
  4. re Car identity
    You are mistaken I have two Renaults and this is neither


    AnonyMMous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I brought one of those grey toy rats from IKEA. My girls were not impressed, I then called it Ben (Michael Jackson reference!) still not impressed. - Tristan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are smarter than you, admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been in an IKEA shop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doug, I will ignore you and remember MJ's words. Read them we'll! - TB

    "Ben, most people would turn you away
    I don't listen to a word they say
    They don't see you as I do
    I wish they would try to
    I'm sure they'd think again
    If they had a friend like Ben
    (A friend)
    Like Ben
    (Like Ben)
    Like Ben"

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you think credibility is associated with celebrity, this is from a guy who's best friend was a monkey!!!

    ReplyDelete