Thursday 7 August 2014

Øya Telsa City

I have decided that Oslo is Telsa electric car city, in addition to yesterdays 5 Telsas, I have seen another 4 today, an orange one (see pic), a white one and two more black ones (or the same again).

This morning both Joy and I headed down to the docks to catch a ferry across to the Viking Ship house, only to be told that our all day transport tickets, do not cover the ferry trip (despite what the travel guide said), so we took a bus.  The viking ship house was good, it had two complete Viking ships, plus  remains of another and other wooden stuff like sleds etc.

After the Viking house, Joy went on to the Historical Folk museum (nearly next door) and caught the Bus back to town, meandered around a bit then explored by taking a random tram ride. This took me along an area best described as "Brunswick Street" Fitzroy. I finally got off the tram and began to wander back to where we are staying, having a cold beer on the way. This took about 2 hours but i got to explore Oslo a lot more than when I was last here in 1993. Then it was cold and we only stayed one night and I cannot even recall where it was in the city. I did see some giant (plastic I assume) mushrooms in the botanical gardens as I walked back. I also discovered that today is the first day of a day music festival called Øyafestival in the park just near us. I was told the crowds would be about 20,000 per day. The headline acts are, Queens of the Stoneage, playing tonight, Outkast (tomorrow), Bryan Ferry (Sat), Neko Case, Nenah Cherry, and a whole bunch of others. We can hear it from our balcony, but it is not too bad (like Riga).

Here are todays pics, most of these were taken by Joy, hence the emphasis on textiles, but she also takes good pictures, which annoys me (although it should't) as distinct from being irked.

Extra stuff for the weavers.




Mr Dynamite (Nobel's) Peace Centre




Waterfront


















Viking Ship House 

Oslo Dome Church


Historical Folk Museum (and below)









Tomorrow, it is Sweden bound, hopefully Stockholm by Friday

LB





No comments:

Post a Comment