Saturday 15 November 2014

Home

Hi all Blogettes

The time has arrived, I am home at last. I have calculated that I have been on the road for 189 days since leaving on the 10 May until today. Time passes quickly when  you are travelling.

Thanks to all who have come along with me on the journey, thanks for all the comments and questions and encouragement along the way.

I am not finished just yet, I will post a few more comments over the next few days and my travel ambitions are not over yet, although it will be sometime next year I feel before anything happens  in that dept.

Billy Boy has his turn next, he is off to sunny Spain and other parts soon.  I suggest to everyone to take his lead and make your own adventure happen. It's a big world, time to get out there.

A big thanks to all the friends along the way that supplied some lodgings and sanity along the way, including Les & Clara Lukacs in Hungary,  Jurgie and Carola in Munich,  Arno, Marianne and Truffle in Heeze,  Maralyn and Frank in Shropshire,  Fiona in Edinburgh and Christine and Dean in Parksville BC.


LB



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous to hear that you are (both) home safely with thousands and thousands of photos and stories that we've not had the chance to scratch the surface of yet. Now (at least one of you) is truly retired. Welcome home, weary, thirsty traveler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug, it's been a pleasure to follow you. It's been a long and extensive trip and fortunately without any major mishaps. You have indeed been lucky. Look forward to catching up and hearing the stories you haven't published. Your next trip . . May I suggest you finish off cataloging man hole covers in the northern hemisphere for a coffee table book. It at help pay for the next trip. It has been fun joining you from my couch. Tristan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been somewhere-hadn't noticed

    AnonyMMous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now what will I read on weekends? GV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home!!! Thanks for your extremely diligent chronicling of all your exploits - it has been fascinating and often exhilarating to be taken along for such an interesting ride for so many months! Well done maintaining the posts (and I agree with Tristan about a book with all the manhole covers - was going to suggest the same when we saw you next) Enjoy a rest and see you soon xx (Chris)

    ReplyDelete