Thursday 13 November 2014

Honolulu, Ohau, Hawaii

Well I am back in the big smoke, Honolulu, Ohau, Hawaii. Honolulu is the home of Pearl Harbour and is the main city in the Hawaiian islands.

I arrived here about lunchtime by taking an earlier flight from Hawaii to have more time to see Honolulu. I took a bus from near where I am staying all the way to Waikiki beach, where I went to th Aquarium.  I took the same bus (no. 19) back but it seemed to take forever. I was told it was about 12km, but it felt like 50km. So far, Honolulu meets my expectations (which were not very high). I could think of better places to go if I wanted a beach. Not sure where the big waves are meant to be, but it is not Waikiki. I think it is a place called Pipeline and I am not even sure it is on this island.

Here are some pics.


Looking back along Waikiki toward Honolulu


same as above


Aquarium



above fish





above not fish



fish again

2 comments:

  1. Make the most of your time left. Glad you found out the name of that tree; we don't have anything like that in our cemeteries - it had me worried.
    Have enjoyed your whole journey, catch up when you get back.
    Marion & Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find Nemo? GV

    ReplyDelete