Tuesday 4 November 2014

Vancouver - last night in Canada

Yes folks, the great adventure is drawing to a close. This is our last night in Canada, tomorrow Joy gets plane(s) heading home and I get plane(s) heading to Hawaii (the Big Island).

Today has been very wet and overcast, although calm. We caught the Ferry across from Victoria (Vancouver Island) this morning and checked into a hotel near the airport earlier this afternoon, we are doing some last minute laundry and keeping out of the rain.

I am not looking forward to the adventure ending just now, but it had to stop sometime, even for a while. I am looking forward to Hawaii, there is a bit of action recently with the big Volcano  and I hopefully will get to see the Big telescopes, high up on the mountain. All are on the Big Island of Hawaii, whereas I will come back to Honolulu (where the main airport is) on the smaller top island of O'ahu in about a week for one day before flying home myself. O'ahu is where Waikiki beach is, hopefully I will get to see that as well. I have been forewarned that Hawaii is expensive. I will miss the massive pick up trucks and SUV's everyone here loves to drive, with their 7+ litre turbo'd diesels that enough torque to tow whole islands around. Truly awesome.

Here are some limited pics from today, just a few snaps taken from the ferry as it made its way between islands from Shwartz Bay (Victoria) back to Vancouver, skirting past the USA islands also in Vancouver straights. The reds of the trees are amazing, although being so gray and overcast, I thought the photos would have been worse.

LB


my latest T shirt acquisition



Like passing ships in the gloom






Vibrant Reds



Bye for about 48 hrs when Hawaii should be online.
                                          


1 comment: