Monday 10 November 2014

Sunday in Hilo

Hi,

Sunday in Hilo is a pretty relaxed show, not a lot to do and see. Some shops open, but overall, fairly quiet. I cruised around some of the shops this morning and then went down to ocean front.  A few people fishing and relaxing in the shade. It was a warm day.

Not many pics today, after this mornings adventure, I had a siesta this afternoon and tonight I headed about 20 mile south of Hilo to the village of Pahoa, this is where the Lava is currently threatening to cross the village and the main road. At present the Lava has stopped advancing and has not cut across any roads as yet. The road on which you can see the lava is roadblocked both ends to keep tourists like me away. I knew this before I left but took a chance I might find a way around this or be able to see the glowing lava further away from the distance. Unfortunately, none of these eventuated, I could not see anything unusual, even a glow in the sky. The roadblock was not explained, it just said road blocked. You would never know there is a lava threat to the town if you we're there. I got to see the village of Pahoa though and I saw a cat.


Huge tree at Cemetery, not sure what type, but very Big. Homework for anyone that wants a challenge.



Looking back toward Hilo from airport side of bay



Relaxed locals

3 comments: