Saturday 9 April 2016

Cusco - Tour Over

Its Friday the 8th of April and the Compass Motorcycle Tour has been completed, everyone finished without injury or accident, all the bikes were ok and overall it was a success.  Last night we had a very nice final dinner at a very upmarket Cuzco restaurant, called Fallen Angels. Excellent food and the drinks flowed easily.

Some of the group are flying out today and some tomorrow and Sunday. Everyone seems very relaxed today as there is no schedule to adhere to, just take it easy and relaxed. One weak point of these tours is that they always seem to demand a cracking pace and long days, with little time rest. I suppose it is a balance between keeping the overall timetables reasonable and getting through the plan.

After Machu Picchu yesterday morning we had our last ride back to Cuzco, thankfully along a different road through the sacred valley. The rain stopped and the sun came out, it was an ideal finish.

Drinks helped last night as well.


Tomorrow I am flying to Lima, the capital of Peru.  I will stay there for three days and then decide what I do next. I am hoping my energy levels will bounce back when I get back to sea level.

I was considering going to Arequipa and then out to Colca to see the biggest canyon in Sth America to see the wild condors. To get there I would have had to fly to Lima and then back again to Arequipa and then 2 hrs on a bus out to Colca.  I think leave this for another day.

I mentioned that in Agua Calientes we had the opportunity to have "Cuy" or Guinea pig.

Photo attached.


3 comments:

  1. good to hear that it all went well !

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are heading for deepest, darkest, Peru (and that canyon does sound deep!) don't forget some jars of marmalade to appease any bears you might see. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard about a tourist bus crash in Peru today - take care Doug

    ReplyDelete