Sunday 10 April 2016

Lima - no grog

After having a little nap, it was dark so I did not take the camera. The square was full of people and the main shopping street off the square was busting with people. I had a snack in the shopping area and headed back to hotel about 9pm for a drink and postres (dessert).

To my shock and horror, because the elections are on tomorrow, no grog served at the bar/restaurant, only soft drink. I sated myself with Lemonade (home made) and some crepes with vanilla helado (ice cream) A satisfactory result. But imagine that, no grog because of impending election. Imagine how different Don's party would have been given those restraints. Very ordinary I imagine.


1 comment:

  1. But you are not voting Doug! That reminds me of a time I entered a pastry shop in Sydney Road Coburg. There was a huge selection of pastries but they wouldn't sell me any because the owners of the shop were fasting because of Ramadan. We wondered why the shop was open.

    ReplyDelete