Friday 29 April 2016

Maison Dupuy

Sorry, this was meant to be posted Monday, but did not publish and still in draft mode.


I booked a hotel, the Maison Dupuy at 1001 Toulouse St in the French Quarter. It was expensive, but not as much as others and it looked nice and central. When I arrive who should I meet in the Foyer but Derek Guille (Australian ABC Radio personality), who reliably informed me that this is a good hotel and that the 2016 New Orleans Jazz festival is on this week and has all sorts of people playing including Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Van Morrison, to name a few. This might explain why hotel prices seemed high for NO. Anyway, as  I waited for my room key, another bunch of Aussies turned up, apparently part of even a larger group, all here for the festival and staying at this hotel.

Time to get my free complimentary drink now that I have had a shower.

I was planning on getting out at Atlanta where I had to clear immigration and Customs but Delta Bloody Airlines (They are crap, never use them) refused to let me cut my journey short by one leg without paying an extra US$150 fee. When they could have easily resold my seat. Arseholes.

Time for that drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment