Sunday 10 April 2016

Lima - Peru

Well I have left the Alto Plano and the altitude behind me. I have now safely arrived in Lima and have booked in to the Gran Bolivar Hotel, (where Bill M stayed). It seems to be on the main square in the old central part of town. From initial experience, looks like a nice place and very old worldly.

I am feeling better already, the consistent nausea of altitude for the past 2 weeks has been a pain. I will assess my travel plans for next while I am here. For now, I will freshen up in the hotel and venture outside to explore the square before dinner. The Presidential elections for Peru are being held tomorrow, so I guess I might encounter a bit of Political action in the square, if so, there is meant to be a nice old world bar hereat the hotel that serves a good Pisco sour. I think Bill said this is reputedly the place that invented the Pisco Sour.

Buenos Tardes for now. Maybe pics later.


No comments:

Post a Comment