Thursday 28 April 2016

Wet Wet Wet

Hi Y'all,

This morning was spent trying to get a good car hire deal mostly without success. Joe, our concierge has promised he can do me a good deal so I have taken a leap of faith and left it with him. Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I will have something lined up.  Also, by this time tomorrow I will have been to the Jazz fest and seen Rickie Lee Jones with the Lost Bayou Ramblers and Gary Clark Jrn, although Gary Clark is overlapping and on at the other end of the Horse Race track where it is being held.

This afternoon was spent avoiding getting drenched, a thunderstorm came through about 1.30pm and it bucketed down for about an hour, the streets were beginning to flood as the drains could not cope. Thankfully it stopped and I could continue my walk around the French Quarter, down to the mighty Mississippi, The Old French markets and around the quieter residential streets to look at the houses and think about one of favourite books, "A confederacy of dunces".

My computer is still giving me grief, dropping the connection at random times so that I need to restart the computer and often retype half my blog. The Havana Rum and Tomato juice drinks i am having help, I call them Cuban Reds.

Despite efforts, I will not be able to stay past Thursday, the place is fully booked. I even tried airB&B. So I will miss seeing some great acts. Might try to come next year (Bill).

Pics attached













No comments:

Post a Comment