Thursday 14 April 2016

Day 2 -The greater Cancun

Today was spent exploring the greater Cancun, not just the resort I am staying at. I took a bus into Cancun, 20+km away along a never ending strip of resorts and hotels. I must admit it was good to see more than just hotels. The reason I went into town was to see if I could get my computer diagnosed at the Apple shop in a big shopping mall in Cancun. The bus experience in and out of town was an adventure, but cheap (about 80c each way). I found the apple shop and then had to make an "appointment" to see the service technicians, it was then Ice cream and lunch for an hour till I needed to come back. Ice Cream is so good for helping with everything. I dutifully arrived on time and then had to wait in a queue, so much for appointments. the short story is they could find nothing wrong so I downloaded the latest OS using their very slow internet and reinstalled it myself at the shop. this took well over 2 hrs. I am not sure if this will fix my intermittent and increasing computer troubles or not. Murphy's law says not.

The golf course photo is for one who knows who they are. There are plenty of upmarket golf courses here. The Fud photo is for Gary Larsen devotees and the Lizard was on the footpath as i returned to the hotel.

P.s The computer has crashed three times writing this, so nothing is fixed.





3 comments:

  1. have you had a swim in the pool yet ?
    or a cocktail by the pool...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope those lizards don't come into the Lounge... E

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks a nice place to go to. Not one that first comes to mine for golf. May have to reconsider

    ReplyDelete