Wednesday 27 April 2016

Nawlins

Day one in Nawlins (New Orleans with local accent) started early with Breakfast at the hotel, then a walk through the French Quarter and along Bourbon St to Canal St, which is where the Tram stop is. Yes, you heard right, this town has trams. Bourbon St lived up to its reputation for fragrance, it has a very piquant odour to it, even at 8 am in the morning, a combination of beer, spew and urine. A reputation such as Spew Orleans is hard earned and need maintaining.

My day today was spent in the burbs of New Orleans, starting with a visit to an Apple repair shop, who agreed I had "issues" and problems but could not really help. I then moved on (via the tram) to head towards the big & tall store for some wardrobe maintenance, I also went to "best buy" to get a sim card for the iPad, unfortunately I was told best were just passed where the big & tall store was so I got off the bus to visit Best Buy, but Big & Tall was well passed best buy and it was really hot walking along the road in the heat for what I guess was a mile. When I got to Big & tall, they did nt have anything in stock for me, it was a much smaller store than I expected. The good news was there was a DXL store about another 1/2 km along in the heat. I got there OK and they had heaps of stuff for me.

I then caught the bus back to the shopping centre where an apple store was and looked at buying a new laptop but backed off and decided to wait until actually dies. I then went to a Camera store because my camera has also been misbehaving as well. Diagnosis was it was probably dropped and lens is not always connecting properly to camera. Again, It can probably limp home for me. After that, I got a taxi back. I then had a Guinness in Fahys pub across the road. Very nice.

This is a pretty good music festival, it was on last weekend  and again this Thursday, Fri, Sat and Sunday. Rickie Lee Jones is playing with someone else on Thursday, so I am going to stay an extra day here and see RLJ, which means I'll probably have to miss Bonnie Rait, Elvis Costello, Beck, Jon Cleary, Dr John,  Buddy Guy, Los Lobos, Aaron Neville, Neil Young, Paul Simon, to name but a few. Google up Jazz Fest 2016 New Orleans for full line up.

It is super Tuesday here today where the Presidential Candidates are endorsed by (not Voters) but party members. Last night I saw Bernie Sanders  being interviewed on MSNBC. If the Americans don't want him, he can come to Australia, he is refreshingly honest and straight talking.

Here are some pics from outside the hotel last night and more from this morning's walk through the French Quarter.







2 comments:

  1. I think you should stay longer and soak up some more of that music in the festival Doug! What an amazing line-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to read that you are having fun Doug, take care

    ReplyDelete