Thursday 19 June 2014

Listvjanka - Russia - Lake Baikal

A busy morning today, with a walk a few ks up to the Baikal Museum, which as you would expect, is all about Lake Baikal. There was a virtual bathysphere which descended down to about 1600 mfrs, showing fishes and other critters. All explained in Russian. Then on to look at sand and bugs under microscope, also explained in Russian. They also had a small aquarium there (hence the pics of fishes and seals). The lake is 676 Km long.









I then caught a local bus back into town, where I had lunch, a Shish Kabob and checked out a small market, including selling fresh and smoked fish.






Nothing much else to do in Listvjanka, except go on a boat cruise and I was a bit late for that. Tomorrow morning I will head back to Irkutsk and this afternoon I came back early to post this blog.

LB



1 comment: