Sunday 1 June 2014

XIAN – MAY 31

Yes, It was my  birthday and thanks to all the well wishers via the blog comments. As planned it was quiet day. I found the famous dumpling place and had my lunch. I have to say its reputation far exceeds its reality. Very ordinary, not a scratch on our Dragon Boat Palace in Lonsdale St, Melbourne. One could make a killing in this city by setting up a decent  Yum Cha place.  After dumplings I thought I would finish off with some Haagen Vaaz Ice cream and coffee. $16 for a few scoops of ice cream and $6 for a coffee. At least I got free water.

The rest of the day very quiet, I walked off lunch this afternoon by browsing around and tonight have been doing some housekeeping by weeding out some of the pics. I took no photos today. Saving myself for the Terra cotta warriors tour tomorrow.

Now enjoying supper of a Pizza and beer.

LB Xian Shuyuan Hostel

2 comments: