Saturday 28 June 2014

Moscow Day 1 part 2

Well the weather in Moscow has not been kind, it is cold and raining and the forecast is for much the same until Tuesday, when I leave. So apart from venturing out for a while to get some lunch and find a supermarket to stock up on stuff for the hostel fridge, today has been an indoor day, doing some washing, sorting out what I can dump from the luggage or send home to save some weight. I have access to a TV here and have started to catch up with some english language news to learn what is happening in the world, mostly all bad news so not missing much.

Tomorrow I will attempt a big day of exploring Moscow, including some more of the metro stations and their interesting designs. I took some pics this morning whilst navigating from the Railway station to the hostel.  I also visited the park "Patriarch Ponds" which are just behind the hostel. This seems like a very upmarket area, lots of expensive looking bars, cafes and boutique shops. Also lots of very expensive cars. I even saw a BMW 7 series being used as a plain police car with a light on top. Russian drivers like to drive very very fast on every street, even little side streets.




And lastly, some video of the forests and towns in the Urals from yesterdays train ride accompanied by the sounds of Nick Cave.








1 comment:

  1. hi Doug - (this is Chris) - just wanted to let you know how much I have been enjoying your blog - great photos and thoroughly entertaining (distant memories faintly revived!) - thanks!

    ReplyDelete