Friday 19 September 2014

D-Day in Scotland

Well today was pretty much a travel day and only one pic. I took the ferry from Belfast to Cairnryan which got me back to Scotland by about 1.30. I then meandered a very slow route around through Galloway and Dumfries back to Edinburgh. On the way, I found a place called Castle Douglas, which was off the road but could not resist going. I did not see any castle but it was a bigger town than I expected and had some stunning big houses. Looks like a lot of wealth in Castle Douglas.




It was sort of important to be back in Scotland today because today was the day they voted, what the result is we will not find out till tomorrow night. But this Referendum is a significant day in History and it will good to say "I was there", no matter how it turns out.

All for now

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment