Wednesday 3 September 2014

London Day 2

Today did not go as planned, but turned out OK anyway. We had planned to go to the Tower of London and, we nearly made it. As I was walking up towards the ticket office, I got a serious cramp in my right calf muscle as was not walking well. After an Icecream and coffee, it was not going away and I was not in any state to climb the hundreds of stairs that no doubt lay ahead in the Tower of London. So I took a few pics of the outside and we caught a bus to Covent Garden where we had lunch and Joy managed to find a "Little My" T shirt from the Finnish Moomen characters. Google it up.

After that we wandered  (I hobbled) down to Trafalgar Square and took some pics, Joy went in to the National Museum to see an Exhibition on Color, then we went (by Taxi) to the Science museum (which was good, but not enough time before it closed) and then back to Putney where we went to a local pub (Rose & Crown) for an indian snack.





St Pauls, now costs GBP18 to go in, so we skipped that


These guys are everywhere, different forms but same trick.


Nelson's Column


National Museum


A blue Chook


Trafalgar Square


A Harrier Jet engine (at Science museum)

 A Harrier


Joy with head in clouds


Having a beer at the pub


Lastly, I hope these pics are ok as tonight when I started up the laptop, the screen colours wen all funny, I have tried correcting but it is still not right, maybe my Malmo computer repair is not lasting 3 months. See how things go tomorrow. Speaking of which, we hopefully get a car in the morning and head off to West Dean (Chichester). Not sure If I will have wi-fi tomorrow night.


P.s. H&E got the car right, it was a Nissan Figaro. Thanks to Big Ears (Noddy's mate) for chipping in, but too late.





2 comments:

  1. FYI ice cream and coffee not traditional treatment for cramp

    AnonyMMous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy@Doug, if you drive the coast line from Brighton/Hove to Chichester you will pass Worthing. For Volvo we had a program (440) in Worthing. Could you make a phone of Worthing Pier as memory ?

    ReplyDelete