Wednesday 17 September 2014

It would be the North of Ireland

Yes, I made it to Northern Ireland. I arrived on the ferry from Troon to Larne about 1pm. I was going to get the Ferry from Stranraer (or more correctly Cairnryan) but I left it too late leaving Edinburgh and with traffic etc, I was not going to make the 10.30am ferry from Cairnryan. I might go back that way.

Anyway, after arriving in Larne (NI) I decided not to go straight to Belfast, but head over to Londonderry first. I knew if I came to Belfast first, I would not get over there tomorrow. So off to Londonderry I went, stopped a little while, took a few pics and headed back to Belfast via Omagh. This effectively gave me a ring road tour of Northern Ireland.

Not many pics again today, I was driving mostly and now that I have arrived in Belfast and found a place to stay, it is dark.  First impressions are that it is a nice city, although one part looked a bit used and abused.  Hopefully tomorrow will be fine and I can get a good look around.

I am staying 2 nights, although I am not sure If I will stay another night where I am, the Travel Lodge  right in the heart of the city. Rates are reasonable but rooms are basic. My biggest issue is I have to move the car off the street by 8am in the morning.

Here are todays limited Pics


On the ferry


Londonderry





Londonderry


Omagh (apparently means Fairy Water)

Omagh


Omagh Cathedral (being renovated)



1 comment:

  1. Maddens Bar Belfast for a pint. In town.

    ReplyDelete