Saturday 20 September 2014

Edinburgh - After Referendum Party

Well Scotland has voted, No as it turns out.

Today, no one seemed surprised. I must admit, I had a lot of trouble understanding a compelling Yes case. I lot what I did hear of the Yes arguments seemed a bit tenuous.

Anyway, a party had been arranged for tonight at Fiona's and some of her friends. I volunteered to do the cooking. So this morning was shopping and this afternoon was cooking. As usual, I way over catered.  Lamb & Mint and Pork Sausage rolls and heaps of other stuff. Fiona's freezer is now full of leftovers. We had about 8 people for Dinner/Party and the Referendum was not even mentioned once.

No pics tonight, hard at work in the Kitchen all day.

Tomorrow, we leave Edinburgh and head west and north, making our way to Orkney via the Outer Hebrides.

I guess tomorrow/today is Grand Final Day in AFL football. If your team is still in, good luck.




7 comments:

  1. Gone for a day and already NOT an aussie. What does/did the expression "last Saturday in September"? mean to you Perhaps free day at the show??

    AnonyMMous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a general blank spot about any event in the last week of September, including the 28th and 30th. September does not have a 29th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you won 't be made to wear your best William Wallace kilt while you travel through Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  4. September may not have the 29th but Australia doesn't have a Fat Bastard

    AnonyMMous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out by a week LB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have reasonable internet again, so its Hawks v Swans. I guess your going to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got tics yesterday.

    ReplyDelete