Wednesday 9 July 2014

Arrived Munich - Tuesday 8th July

I arrived in Munich this evening after a very pleasant train journey from Salzburg in Austria. Today I spent wandering around Salzburg and finding a place to get a haircut. That was my one objective for today, get a haircut. Having goals keeps you disciplined, one must maintain standards of proper conduct. One goal a day, no matter how small. It turns out that finding a mens hairdresser in Salzburg is no easy feat, maybe all these blue eyed, blonde teutonic boys can't grow beards, as getting a hair cut was difficult, getting a beard trim was not something done in Salzburg.

Why didn't you ask someone, I hear you say! Well I did on several occasions attempt to prise out directions to Salzburg's mostly secret hairdressing fraternity and each time I was either pointed in some dodgy directions that proved mostly futile or shrugged at. It's not just the French that shrug. Anyway I finally found  a place and got fixed for 18 Euro. It was a rough job by some 19 yo girl who had obviously no experience in Men's coiffure.

Anyway yesterday I mentioned that I thought I saw Julie Andrews in the hills, it was raining and the windows of the train were wet, but when looking through the photos I managed to blow some up and yes, she was there, see for yourself.

I also saw another bridge in Salzburg, which like the one on Irkutsk, was covered in padlocks from young and naive lovers.

I travelled first class to Munich, again one has to maintain standards occasionally and I like the leather seats. Germans and Austrians like leather.

All is very well in Munich, despite that it is still raining, the Germans just beat Brazil by 7-1, the Germs are happy.



 Salzburg






Nice train seat.

Tomorrow, pick Joy up from airport (if she arrives on time), Flight tracker has her plane arriving in Doha after her connecting flight to Munich is scheduled to leave. Have to wait and see.



2 comments:

  1. Keep wearing those shorts and people won't notice your head. There you are, now you don't need a hair cut. Maybe that's why the locals wear those lederhosen. Are you going to shop for a pair? Tristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goals are easy Doug, get up is the most important, then you do something to fill in the day and then the most important one is go to sleep. Easy. GV

    ReplyDelete