Friday 4 July 2014

Bakonbel, Resort, Hungary

I managed to arise nice and early to catch the 6.30 am train to Szombathely, arriving just before 10am. Time to have a few coffees and wait for Attila's parents (Les & Clara) to pick me up a bit later.

After a drive for a couple of hours, we arrived at Bakonbel, Resort, in the Vezprem region of  Hungary.  It is about halfway back from Szombathely to Budapest, surrounded by small mountains.


To the south of here is Hungary's famous resort lake, I do not think I will get to see this, but you never know.


We will be staying here tonight and Friday night, leaving back to Les & Clara's rented house on Saturday.




This is looking out from the Station at Szombathely into the town.



Left to Right are Eugene (Les's cousin) and his partner Marta, me and Atilla's parents Clara and Les.

We have also been joined by another of Les's cousins (another Clara) and her partner Yuri. They arrived after the photos were taken.

After coffee, the rest of all gone off for a 4 km walk into the village, whereas me, the youngest of this group, decided to stay at the hotel and attend to blog administration. I can see I am going to have a hard time keeping up with this group.

Internet access is a bit a patchy here, seems ok this afternoon but I think will struggle when a few users try to use.




2 comments:

  1. Your beard is progressing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be down to his belly by the time he gets to England.

    ReplyDelete