Friday 18 March 2016

Arrived in Mendoza

Having travelled all night on the bus, I have arrived in Mendoza, a city in Argentina known for wine and other good stuff. Mendoza is near the Andes so maybe later I will see a view of the mountains. Although it is daylight now, it seems gloomy at the bus station.

The trip was worth the long hours, I got to see some of the Argentine countryside last night before it got dark and it was a delight to watch. Corn as far as the eye can see, horses, nice cattle, the day to day pulse of rural life in the warm glow of late afternoon sun.  After dark,  surprises continued, harvesters in the fields working at night with headlights on, a thunderstorm to the south that lasted hours and put on a spectacular light show. It was these views that I was looking for when coming to Argentina so I am glad that I finally found them. Flying everywhere and just seeing cities is not really visiting a place.

Limited pics will appear later, I need to kill time this morning until check in.

P.s not all last night was great, my front tooth shattered when I was biting into a plastic sauce satchet to open the damn thing. I am not sure if it was a real tooth or a plastic one from years ago,  but it's gone now.

4 comments:

  1. I hear that the trip across the Andes by Frog is memorable. You dont need teeth just ask The Pogues--but maybe they dont covet cattle like u do.
    Take care G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the shattered tooth doesn't cause you pain Doug,though it might be a challenge to bite into that next steak ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I put it to the test on dinner tonight (another steak) and all was well. Need to test ice cream next.

      Delete
  3. good on you Doug yes Bus trips are great for the scenery and other experiences.

    ReplyDelete