Sunday 20 March 2016

Mendoza - Rest Day

Today turned out to be a fairly relaxed day. I got up late (10am), made some breakfast and potted about for a while. Eventually left the apartment about 12ish and went for a long leisurely walk to the CarreFour (French) supermarket across town, Picked up a few items to make my own meals and some detergent etc and wandered back to the Hotel, collecting my Laundry that I had dropped off yesterday on the way. Beautiful blue skies again with light breeze and the streets were full of cafe goers and the occasional troupe of clowns wandering about. No need to say I had coffee on the way to and the way back from Carrefours.

This afternoon I watched a catch up episode of "Jack Irish" which had been downloaded into my drop  box. In the early evening, I ventured out again for coffee and ice cream. The tooth passed the test.

One disappointing thing about Argentina is they have really crap bread, this is a country which was once a huge wheat grower, and good quality wheat at that. They do not know how the make bread here, the French need to come here and give baking instruction like they did in Vietnam.


Calle Jose Garibaldi near Corner of Calle 9 de Julio


Clowns


Left overs from a sci fi movie




Mendoza has lots of nice little parks throughout the city. 


Grand old Bank building


Ice Cream (Helado)

Tomorrow morning it is up early for a bus trip across the Andes to Santiago in Chile, if the weather holds, it should be a scenic trip.

I would like to come back to Argentina, and especially Mendoza as i think you probably need a week to explore the area well.




1 comment: