Thursday 31 March 2016

Potosi, Bolivia Day 2

Hola,

Today was the first "rest" day we have had. I did not want to do the Mining tour or city walking tour, I did that myself, although it was a struggle, this place is steep and at 4000 mtrs, you lungs scream for help and your muscles go on strike. I took it very slowly, with lots os little sit down and watch the world go bye. First down to one of the many small city squares, then meander through the narrow cobblestone streets to the market. Ice creams, coffee, empanadas and coffee, before the steep climb back up the hill about for about six blocks to the hotel.


Tomorrow is a big day in the saddle, a full 500kms to La Paz.


Nice door



These bunnies direct traffic


another nice building


Traffic cat


Market

Ice Cream (less than a $1)



Some fun shots taken on the salt flat a few days ago.

Early night tonight.




1 comment:

  1. mmm I guess that would be the rare 'orange salt dragon'....?

    ReplyDelete