Tuesday 7 October 2014

Iceland - The adventure continues

Today was mostly a travel day, and although it was only about a 90 min flight, it took most of the day to get to the airport, drop off the car, get booked in, etc, etc. We arrived at the hotel here in Reykjavik about 5.30pm Icelandic time (or 6.30 pm UK time). Surprisingly, it was still light till about 7pm, I guess it is because it is so far west.

After checking in, we went for a walk around one of the  main shopping/restaurant/ streets of Reykjavik. It has some very nice and expensive shops.

I did see a brochure in the hotel foyer alerting me that I can take a flight over the erupting Bardarbunga Volcano for a mere 700 euro, I might need to sleep on that one.




Goodbye Scotland and your emerald green lands.


Hello Iceland



Me and my mate


My mates friend


Looking up the street to where the big church is.


Trolls are everywhere


Flat out Bear

Next few days are predicted to be fine clear weather so I am hoping we will get a glimpse of the Northern Lights.






2 comments:

  1. still light till about 7pm, ..... I wonder at what time daylight starts!.
    Send some pictures of beer glasses.
    Italy Stromboli may be more spectacular at night.
    Arno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the Bundy Bear? GV

    ReplyDelete