Monday 11 May 2015

Kuang Si Waterfalls

Todays expedition objective was to visit Kuang Si Waterfalls, about 32km out of Luang Prabang. First order was to arrange some transport, so I got myself a scooter for the day, a honda Scoobie or something similar.


My Trusty Steed



Why is it that whenever I go somewhere to visit a place of interest or whatever, after considerable effort to get there, the thing of interest always climbing or descending a million steps or traipsing on foot a further 1/2 km either uphill or downhill, usually both. In this case it was pay your entry fee and walk another 20 mins uphill. I had come all this way so I paid and begrudgingly stomped my way up the road. The above pic shows the entrance gate, nothing to be seen here.


Along the way, I paused several times to admire the local flora, the above being just one example.


Three monks walk down the road....


Proof I made it to the falls


They were nice waterfalls, water very cloudy from the limestone.




Swimmers enjoying the waters a little downstream, note the guy mid air jumping in. I was very tempted to jump in with travel clothes on, but others seem to all have swimmers so I thought better not.


Another example of the flora on the journey back down.


Local Fauna



Above 2, Laos Jumgle


Back in town, Mushrooms being sold



Flower arrangers


1 comment: