Saturday 9 May 2015

The one that didn't get away!

Hi all, I have arrived Ok in Luang Prabang, Laos and it is jungle and hot.

Last night, whilst waiting in downtown Sapa for the Bus, I noticed the following sign and thought, surely, that can't be, it is just a restaurant that has a horse on their sign. I should not think the worst and give them the benefit of doubt. Although, A picture of a spirited Horse with a bowl of meat stew underneath is very suggestive.


However, on perusal of the surrounding locality, my worst fears were confirmed. In the Pic below of another local restaurant, you will note that the major food group animals are listed, fish, pig,etc. If you look carefully to the group of animal pictures on the right side, you will also notice horse. Good people of the Jury, there can be no reasonable doubt in this matter any more.




Sapa Nightlife


My hotel room in Luang Prabang


The Balcony



The gardens. 

I will need the Mozzie spray and Malaria tablets I think in this place, very hot and jungle like. I did see a cat bounding down these stairs in the garden, only to break into a swift walk again when on flatter ground.  I have yet to explore outside the hotel yet, I have been trying all afternoon to download photos and have decided from now on, the photos will be a smaller size. With increasingly slow internet in these countries, it is taking forever to update the blog, something has to change.








2 comments:

  1. Re the gee-gees. Vietnam was a French colony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja and Dean13 May 2015 at 18:17

    Probably one we backed.

    ReplyDelete