Tuesday 19 May 2015

Over Rangoon

No pics today, it has rained solid all day and the hotel internet has been a real pain. I thought about getting the train to Mandalay but have read that despite its evocative name, it is traffic congested dump. So I am giving Burma a fleeting call and have decided to head elsewhere. I fly to Bangkok tomorrow  afternoon, spend a night in cheap hotel near airport and fly to Colombo Sri Lanka on Thursday. Although I have not given Burma a fair go, it does seem like a dump and in need of a bit of help. Nothing seems to work consistently here, elevators in hotel, internet, staff.

I can see the big golden pagoda from my hotel window, but have not been yet (on account of rain) but might see if I can get the taxi to go past on the way to airport tomorrow, if it is not raining.

LB

2 comments:

  1. Sad to hear that. I was hoping to get there one day. I was keen to see pics and get your opinion. I guess I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right not to go by train. It's the Road to Mandalay.

    ReplyDelete