Sunday 10 May 2015

Laos Day 2

My first full day in Laos and not a lot achieved. I did go to the Museum, but it was closed on Sunday. I had lunch at a Mekong riverside cafe, the same place I went to last night. By 1pm it had become incredibly hot so I returned to my Aircon room and made travel bookings for Thailand. I now leave here on Wednesday as that is the first day that direct flights to Chiang Mai are available. The other less attractive option was to travel upriver on the Mekong by boat for 2 days, then get a 9 hour bus trip.  After that, a little siesta was in order only to be woken at 4pm by very loud drums, not sure the importance of this, but I did notice the same thing yesterday. They only last for about 5 mins but they are very loud. Boom Boom.

Pics


riverside cafe


view back to street


Pastis, Pastis, Oh so French


The mighty mighty Mekong



Cafe lady with Baby




1 comment:

  1. Cute baby !
    the Mekong is the same colour as the Yarra...

    ReplyDelete