Tuesday 5 May 2015

Sapa Update

A few more pics from later this afternoon.

I had dinner at the hotel, but the strange thing is you can only have set menus of Soup, spring rolls, meat dish, rice and banana. There are about 10 versions and it seems you can't mix and match. More strangeness in a strange land.

I have learnt that you can hire a motorbike here for about $5 a day, it may be the go for getting around as I have been told this is a quiet time and there are not many bus tours happening, its all trekking. I am too smart for that.


This is my Hmong Shorts lady, she is one of many that  met us off the bus and I guess she is Black Hmong (cause they wear black I guess) and offered to make fix my shorts that got ripped on a chair last night and make me some more shorts. Stay Tuned for the result, due back tomorrow night.


This is Vietnamese Coffee style, individual strainer through which the hot water filters through the coffee. Vietnamese coffee is naturally sweet and very strong. Good stuff.


View from cafe across the street from hotel.


Not sure of Architecture style, but it looks OK.



My hotel from the front, enter on level 3, 2 floors above and 2 floors below, it is steep here.



1 comment:

  1. the short one6 May 2015 at 08:23

    Has a french influence in architecture there too & looks cleaner.

    ReplyDelete